The 2019 IEEE SIGHT Celebration Week has been organized to foster a spirit of community for the global SIGHT network, increase awareness of IEEE SIGHT within IEEE, and celebrate the impact SIGHT volunteers and groups have made in 2019.
The calendar of events is featured below, but be sure to follow SIGHT on its social media platforms to be the first to hear about competitions, giveaways, and opportunities!
Organize an event with your SIGHT group! This could include:
- A workshop on lessons learned from a project implemented in the past or on another topic such as project management
- A meeting with your SIGHT group to plan a project or activity for 2020
- A webinar viewing – If you weren’t able to join for one of the webinars hosted by the SIGHT Education Subcommittee this year, visit the SIGHT Digital Classroom to watch “Sustainable Operating Models for Projects,” “Discovering Stakeholder Insights,” or any of the others.
- An introduction to IEEE HAC & SIGHT. Has your SIGHT Group recently been approved? If so, you may find that this introductory presentation could be very helpful in providing context.
- Attending one of the week’s sessions with members from your SIGHT Group. There will be a SIGHT Education Subcommittee webinar, a SIGHT Steering Committee panel, and an Ask the Chair Session with Sampathkumar Veeraraghavan. See below for a calendar of events.
- A virtual meeting with other SIGHT groups in your area to discuss ideas, experiences, and best practices. If this is something you are interested in, write to firstname.lastname@example.org to request support in reaching out to other SIGHT group Chairs.
- A meeting with members from your student branch, or a local IEEE Society chapter to explore avenues for collaboration in 2020.
Opportunities to Engage and Celebrate:
- There will be two different opportunities, one on Thursday 5 December and another on Friday 6 December, to win a SIGHT promotional kit for up to 10 SIGHT Group members! The first five SIGHT Group Chairs to complete this survey on how their volunteer journey has been impacted through involvement with IEEE SIGHT will win promotional items for their group!
- Encourage others to join IEEE SIGHT. Adding SIGHT to an IEEE membership is free! Non-IEEE members may also join by creating an IEEE account.
- Enter the 2019 SIGHT Celebration Week Photo & Video Contest! Send your photo or video of your SIGHT Group or SIGHT-funded project to email@example.com with a description of 100 – 400 words and the IEEE Photo Release Form and earn a chance to win a SIGHT branded travel mug! (Winner to be selected by the IEEE SIGHT Chair).
And this year, for the first time ever, SIGHT will be participating in Giving Tuesday on 3 December. Consider celebrating this day by making your contribution to IEEE SIGHT through the IEEE Foundation at https://give.ieeefoundation.org/sight.
Remember, however you decide to celebrate, please send in pictures or a story to firstname.lastname@example.org, or post on social media using the hashtag #SIGHTWeek2019.
Calendar of Events
- 1 December – Photo contest opens! Send your submissions to email@example.com.
- 2 December at 9:00am EST – Panel with SIGHT Project team leaders who will share their respective experiences conducting SIGHT projects and answer questions from attendees.
- 3 December – Giving Tuesday – make an impact by supporting SIGHT financially!
- 4 December at 10:30am EST – Panel with members of the SIGHT Steering Committee. Panelists will share their experiences with SIGHT, what their Subcommittees have accomplished in 2019, and respond to questions from attendees.
- 5 December – Promotional kit giveaway for first 5 SIGHT Group Chairs that complete the volunteer engagement survey. The official start time will be announced on the SIGHT Facebook group.
- 6 December – 10:00am EST “Ask the Chair” session with SIGHT Chair Sampathkumar Veeraraghavan.
- 6 December: Promotional kit giveaway for first 5 SIGHT Group Chairs that complete the volunteer engagement survey. The official start time will be announced on the SIGHT Facebook group.
- 8 December – First ever SIGHT Volunteer of the Year and Group of the Year Award recipients will be announced!
- 8 December at 8:30pm EST – Twitter chat session led by the SIGHT Communications Committee.