The 2019 IEEE SIGHT Celebration Week took place from 1 – 8 December with the aim of fostering a spirit of community for the global SIGHT network, increasing awareness of IEEE SIGHT within IEEE, and celebrating the impact SIGHT volunteers and groups made in 2019.
Activities included a workshop with past funded project leaders, a panel with members of the 2019 Steering Committee, a photo and video contest, an “Ask the Chair” session, and promotional item giveaways. Sixty-five participants from 24 countries and six regions attended the online events. Additionally, 188 new IEEE SIGHT members were added, which is approximately 31% higher than the weekly average for the quarter.
The first IEEE SIGHT Day was announced, to be held on 28 April 2020. Also prominently featured was the new SIGHT Fund with the IEEE Foundation and the opportunity to support SIGHT via the IEEE-wide Giving Tuesday campaign.
Below you can find the pictures and videos submitted during the week by supporters and volunteer members!
- A special #SIGHTWeek2019 message from the IEEE President-Elect Susan “Kathy” Land!
- The IEEE – Region 9 Executive Committee wishes all the SIGHT volunteers a happy SIGHT week!
- The IEEE Electron Devices Society President Fernando Guarin and Operations Director Jim Skowrenski wish everyone a Happy SIGHT week!
- Happy #SIGHTweek2019 from a group of supporters at the IEEE Board of Directors meeting! HAC Board Liaison David Koehler, HAC Events Chair James M. Conrad, SIGHT Chair Sampathkumar Veeraraghavan, Region 7 Director Maike Luiken, and 2017 SIGHT Chair Tim Lee.
- A happy #SIGHTWeek2019 message from IEEE Microwave Theory and Techniques Society (MTT-S) partners!
- Message comes from IEEE Treasurer Joe Lillie!
- An interview with Dr. Christoph Baer, Chair of the IEEE SIGHT Germany Section group.
- Happy #SIGHTWeek2019 from our partners at the IEEE Antennas and Propagation Society!
- IEEE HAC & SIGHT partners from IEEE Entrepreneurship and IEEE N3XT Events share their wishes for a happy #SIGHTWeek2019.
- The Humanitarian and Philanthropic group of programs within IEEE send best SIGHT Week wishes.
- Happy #SIGHTWeek2019 wishes from IEEE Power & Energy Society!
- #SIGHTWeek2019 – these wishes come from IEEE Bangalore Section
IEEE SIGHT Ecuador and IEEE SIGHT UTN celebrated the IEEE SIGHT Week on Saturday December 7 in the city of Ibarra. As part of the activities, a Workshop was held: Construction of a SIGHT proposal, and a visit was made to the community of the Educational Support Center of the Imabura Association of Seers, where the group conducted a needs survey of the main problems that can be solved with science and technology.
As part of the SIGHT WEEK we made a technical visit to the wind power generation plant with children participating in the “IEEE Camps” project. Together with the project instructors, they participated in this initiative where they learned how wind energy is generated. Through this activity we bring science and technology to young students in order to encourage their interest in technical and engineering careers. These camps are held in Ecuador with the support of volunteers from the different student branches throughout the section.
IEEE SIGHT Week Celebration photo by SIGHT FLASH, IEEE Bangladesh Section.
SIGHT Colombia has been a team that brings support to innovative and helpful ideas that allow our
volunteers to think first in people, their necessities and their social aspect, before thinking about implementing a technological solution. We want to continue improving, we want that each Colombian person achieves to understand that before everything we are real people, with real feelings, with different lives. We’re a team of passionate IEEE Volunteers who are looking to lead engineering initiatives and projects that have a social impact to improve the quality of life for vulnerable populations in OUR COUNTRY. Our goal: To have influence around all the country, helping vulnerable communities to improve their quality of life. More than engineers, we are people with the motivation to change the world.
IEEE VJCET SIGHT group (Viswajyothi College of Engineering and Technology, Vazhakulam, Muvattupuzha). IEEE Kochi Subsection, IEEE Kerala Section.